Re: OSSP UUID present but cannot be compiled - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: OSSP UUID present but cannot be compiled
Date
Re: OSSP UUID present but cannot be compiled
List pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
> While building 9.2.3 on OS X 10.8.2 today:
> checking ossp/uuid.h usability... no
> checking ossp/uuid.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?

> I think I have reported this before. Maybe it's not worth worrying about? I seem to be able to install the uuid-ossp
extensionand it works. So Ignore?

Yeah, you did:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/62FDD311-1AFC-4296-95D8-5751D1407B71@justatheory.com

I still think it's incumbent on OSSP to fix this, not us.  Or if
they've gone dead, maybe we need to start looking for some other
source of uuid support.