Re: How to Install PostgreSQL on Windows 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From SHELTON,MICHAEL (Non-HP-Boise,ex1)
Subject Re: How to Install PostgreSQL on Windows 2000
Date
List pgsql-general
I sent a reply to this question early this month.  Here it is again with
some additional info on services for you:

Try the following pages:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?install-win32.html
http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp
http://www.cygwin.com/

I think I got my install working from the information in those sites.  The
first one is the postgres info, the 2nd is a great source of info, and the
third is the cygwin utils you'll need (click the "Install now" link on the
page).

Mike

[new info]

To run ipc-daemon as a service in win2k/nt you can use the SRVANY.EXE
program from NT 4.0 (might be in win2k as well) resource kit.  The only
caveat is that the ipc-daemon app itself must ignore the CTRL_C, CTRL_BREAK,
CTRL_CLOSE, CTRL_LOGOFF, and CTRL_SHUTDOWN signals (by default, when a
console handler receives any one of these signals, it calls ExitProcess()).
I don't know what ipc-daemon does in this case since I haven't set it up as
a service (I only use it in win2k for testing and development our production
server runs on HP-UX).

Hope that helps!