Re: what is in ../data/base ?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: what is in ../data/base ??
Date
List pgsql-general
bk226157@skynet.be (pierre) writes:

> I don't see the name of the databases I have created !!
> Idem inside a database directory. I don't see the name of the tables & index !
> Only numbers !

Yes, this was changed in 7.1 to fix a couple of potential problems.
The numbers are OIDs.  You can use the 'oid2name' tool in the contrib/
directory to find out the name for a given number.

> Is it so since 7.1.3 ? It was not the case with 7.0.2 !
> Any light on this ?? Have I done something wrong when installing 7.1.3 ?

Nope, nothing wrong.  ;)

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863