Re: Strange results from to_timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mario Weilguni
Subject Re: Strange results from to_timestamp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
to_timestamp is only for Oracle compatibility? I always thought it's some sort of sql standard. What's the sql
compliantway to do this?

Regards,    mario weilguni

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] Im Auftrag von Tom Lane
Gesendet: Freitag, 07. April 2006 06:09
An: Mario Weilguni
Cc: PostgreSQL-development
Betreff: Re: [HACKERS] Strange results from to_timestamp

Mario Weilguni <mweilguni@sime.com> writes:
> I think all except the first one should raise a warning, isn't it?

to_timestamp (and friends) all seem to me to act pretty bizarre when faced with input that doesn't match the given
formatstring.  However, in the end that is an Oracle-compatibility function, and there is only one measure of what it
shoulddo: what does Oracle do in the same case.
Can anyone try these examples on a recent Oracle version?

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq