Re: Changing databases / schemas - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From adam_pgsql
Subject Re: Changing databases / schemas
Date
List pgsql-novice
> ·         In MySQL for example you can use “use <database>” and then change between databases which you want to
accesscurrently.
> o   Is there something similar in Postgres or do you need to disconnect and reconnect to the next database everytime
youwant to change the current working DB?

To connect to a database from psql:
\c <database>

> ·         Once connected to a database , how can I see a list of schemas and in turn a list of tables that are
currentlyavailable and also how do I see the table info (i.e describe in other dbms systems)

For a list of schemas (schemata?):
\dn

For a list of tables:
\dt <schema>.*