Re: PostgreSQL: Autocommit through windows odbc driver doesnt work!!! - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Venkatesan, Sekhar
Subject Re: PostgreSQL: Autocommit through windows odbc driver doesnt work!!!
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Including few people in this loop.

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkatesan, Sekhar
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 10:04 AM
To: 'Joshua D. Drake'; 'pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org'
Subject: RE: [ODBC] PostgreSQL: Autocommit through windows odbc driver doesnt work!!!

HI Joshua,

I perform the following set of operations to set autocommit in postgreSQL through ODBC in windows.
SQLSetConnectAttr(hDbc, SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT, (SQLPOINTER) SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_ON,  0)

ret = SQLDriverConnect(_hdbc, NULL, (SQLCHAR*) dsn.GetChars(), SQL_NTS, NULL, 0, NULL, SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT);

This doesn't enable autocommit. If I call SQLSetConnectAttr after SQLDriverConnect, autocommit is set.
Any issue with this sequence? I assume It should be possible to set SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT before establishing connection.
Can you please confirm on this behavior?

Thanks,
Sekhar