PostgreSQL: Autocommit through windows odbc driver doesnt work!!! - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Venkatesan, Sekhar
Subject PostgreSQL: Autocommit through windows odbc driver doesnt work!!!
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Hi All,

I am trying  to certify our product with PostgreSQL database and facing an issue with windows odbc driver and need your help to identify the problem.

Our application uses SQLDriverConnect to connect to PostgreSQL server. I am using PostgreSQL odbc driver version 9.4

SQLSetConnectAttr to enable autocommit as below:

Eg: SQLSetConnectAttr(SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT, SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_ON, 0)

But it seems autocommit is not set and hence any queries executed from other session never gets updated data in other session since autocommit of insert statements never happens.

Only workaround I am seeing is to explicitly issue “commit” to save the updates in the database.

Has anyone seen this issue earlier? I see a relevant issue in psqlODBC 09.05.0100 Release something like below:

https://odbc.postgresql.org/docs/release.html

1.     Don't reset autocommit when a connection is established

If autocommit is disabled on a connection, by calling SQLSetConnectAttr(SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT, SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF, 0), before connecting with SQLDriverConnect(), autocommit was incorrectly reset back to on when the connection was established.

Is the above issue fixed? Also in my use-case, I want to enable autocommit at odbc driver level but even that doesn’t work.

The same application works in Linux OS when unix odbc driver is used. This seems to be specific to windows driver.

Please shed some light on this. Do ask me further question if you have any.

Thanks,

Sekhar