Re: Upgrading from 9.2 to 9.3 causes performance degradation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alfonso Afonso
Subject Re: Upgrading from 9.2 to 9.3 causes performance degradation
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Alvaro

I had a look to the explain analyze you sent and after step 13 you have some differences between both planners.

At 21st step you have a sequence scan on 9.3 instead of a index scan on 19th step (9.2)

Following the process, you can find more differences too (45 & 43, seq scan salario again on subquery)

Those differences in the planner are maybe the reason, and why it happend could be the configuration for join and sort methods,  the statistics stored on 9.2 (more even if that is a real process server, the system has been "learning" during this time) or some other related.

I am not pretty sure what is, but the explain you sent is telling you that both server are not doing the same work, so it may be reasonable to obtain differences among servers.

Good luck with the issue

Regards

Alfonso