"Too far out of the mainstream" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Yoder
Subject "Too far out of the mainstream"
Date
Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"  ("David Johnston" <polobo@yahoo.com>)
Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>)
Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"  (Damian Carey <jamianb@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello all,

I would like the community's input on a topic.  The words "too far out of the mainstream" are from an e-mail we
receivedfrom one of our clients, describing the concern our client's IT group has about our use of PostgreSQL in our
shop. The group in question supports multiple different databases, including Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, DB2, and even
somenon-relational databases (think Cobol and file-based storage), each type with a variety of applications and support
needs. We are in the running for getting a large contract from them and need to address their question:  "What makes
PostgreSQLno more risky than any other database?"

Thanks in advance for your input.

Andy Yoder