Re: "Too far out of the mainstream" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: "Too far out of the mainstream"
Date
List pgsql-general
So do they ever go to a site that ends in .org or .info?  Tell them to
stop it right now, as they are relying on PostgreSQL for those sites
to resolve, and PostgreSQL is too far out of the mainstream.  Once
they've stopped using or visiting .org and .info sites tell them to
get back to you.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Andy Yoder <ayoder@airfacts.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like the community's input on a topic.  The words "too far out of the mainstream" are from an e-mail we
receivedfrom one of our clients, describing the concern our client's IT group has about our use of PostgreSQL in our
shop. The group in question supports multiple different databases, including Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, DB2, and even
somenon-relational databases (think Cobol and file-based storage), each type with a variety of applications and support
needs. We are in the running for getting a large contract from them and need to address their question:  "What makes
PostgreSQLno more risky than any other database?"