Re: PG 7.0.2 Install - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darrin Ladd
Subject Re: PG 7.0.2 Install
Date
List pgsql-general
Ok, so I'm an idiot...sorry.

While running the *correct* rpm (SRPM: postgresql-7_0_2-1_src.rpm), it keeps
failing.  It appears to be trying to implement the python interface, but the
required config directory with the make file is missing off the file system.
  The following is the standard output from the rpm run:

All of PostgreSQL is successfully made. Ready to install.
+ pushd interfaces/python
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.0.2/src/interfaces/python
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.0.2/src
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.0.2
+cp /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile.pre.in .
cp: /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile.pre.in: No such file or directory
Bad exit status from var/tmp/rpm-tmp.64387(%build)

I don't need the python interface, but am not sure how to get around this so
that I can have a successful build.  The /usr/lib/python1.5 directory is
there, but there is no config directory under that.  Can I just perform a
gmake install, since the make finished successfully?  Or is there a way to
turn the python option off of the build?

Sorry if this is another stupid question, I am very new to all of this.

Thank you for your help,
Darrin