PG 7.0.2 Install - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darrin Ladd
Subject PG 7.0.2 Install
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am trying to install 7.0.2 on an alpha box running Red Hat Linux 6.2.  I
was told that the 7.0.2 rpm's have an alpha patch in them and that would be
the best bet for success.  Yet, I have run into a little problem.  When I
try to install the rpm (rpm -i postgresql-7_0_2-2_i386.rpm) I get errors
stating failed dependencies on some of the 'so's (specifically libc.so.6,
libcrpyt.so.1, libdl.so.2, libm.so.6, libnsl.so.1).  It is true that those
are not there.  In my /lib/ directory there are symbolic links for all of
these with a '.1' suffix pointing to another file (ie: libc.so.6.1 ->
libc.2.3.1.so).  Therefore, along those lines, I added the missing 'so's as
symbolic links to the original file.  This did not resolve the failed
dependencies.  It seems that rpm doesn't recognize that those symbolic links
are there.  I tried rebuilding the rpm database, but that didn't seem to
make any difference.  I am out of ideas, does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Darrin