Re: about memory size reported by system. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaiswal Dhaval Sudhirkumar
Subject Re: about memory size reported by system.
Date
List pgsql-general

Are you using any connection pooling system, if not look at the pgpool & pgbouncer.

open connections always reserves memory, which slowdown the performance of system.

you can also handle application connections at application level by defining garbage
value if any connection disconnect. It will release the memory reserved by connection.

--
Thanks & Regards
Dhaval Jaiswal

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of Edmundo Robles L.
Sent: Wed 3/9/2011 10:12 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] about memory size  reported by system.

Hi everyone!

I have a doubt about  the memory consumed by  each connection open.

suddenly my server, running postgres 8.3.11,  began to run   too slowly.

Checking the  process with: ps -adelfo pcpu,vsz,args | more

The processes,related to the connection to the db, each one  have a consume of memory near to the 50Mb. by the way i have 50 connections to the db, so i have a reported  memory consumed of 2.5M, when i have only 1G in the server.

If  I modify the shared_buffers value,  the report of  memory consumed  is according  with  shared buffers value.

Should I worry by that?
There is a  best way to tweak  the memory consumed by postgres?

--
SENSA Control Digital.
Ing. Edmundo Robles Lopez.