Re: Copying data from one table to another - how to specify fields? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: Copying data from one table to another - how to specify fields?
Date
List pgsql-general
SELECT username, count(username) FROM phpbb_users
GROUP BY username
HAVING count(username) > 1;

If anything shows up then (phpbb_users .username) is not a unique field but
you are trying to insert it into one that is (drupal_users.uid)

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Alexander Farber
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:48 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Copying data from one table to another - how to
specify fields?

Hello Raymond and others,

thank you for looking at my problem!

It is a core Drupal 7 table, with a prefix "drupal_"
(you can set it while installing Drupal 7 in adv. options).

I have only 2 records in that target table:

# select uid, name, mail, created, access from drupal_users;
 uid | name |            mail            |  created   |   access
-----+------+----------------------------+------------+------------
   0 |      |                            |          0 |          0
   1 | Alex | Alexander.Farber@gmail.com | 1299512207 | 1299753672
(2 rows)

I've tried you suggestion and the conflicting record is 'Alex':

#  select username, user_id from phpbb_users where exists  (select 1 from
drupal_users
   where drupal_users.name = phpbb_users.username);  username | user_id
 Alex     |       2
(1 row)

But isn't that record excluded by the conditions below?

# INSERT INTO drupal_users (uid, name, mail, created, access)  SELECT
user_id, username, user_email, user_regdate, user_lastvisit
   FROM phpbb_users
   WHERE user_id > 50 and length(username) > 0 and username <> 'Alex';
ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"drupal_users_name_key"