Inserting encrypted data into postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From K Old
Subject Inserting encrypted data into postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I am trying to load encrypted data (a credit card number encrypted by the
Crypt::Twofish perl library) and postgres won't accept the data.  I have
tried escaping each character, and nothing works.

For example a credit card number like

7384998737264839

when encrypted by Crypt::Twofish would look like

q�Օ�с.'�Ҍ�

I cannot get postgres to accept this input.  Any ideas of different
datatypes, or ways I can get it to accept this highly encrypted string?

I have several modules that encrypt the string with letters and numbers
rather than symbols, etc. like Twofish, but would love to have this solution
work.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin
kevsurf4@hotmail.com