Re: timeout implementation issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: timeout implementation issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Session metadata IMHO. If there are(would be) database state
variables we should introduce another command for them.
For example I don't think QUERY_TIMEOUT is such a variable.
As I mentioned many times we can set QUERY_TIMEOUT before
each query. If the overhead is an issue we can keep track of the
varaible and reduce the command calls to minimum easily.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue