RE: Universal admin frontend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Pritchard
Subject RE: Universal admin frontend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> >PostgreSQL is written completely in C. The development community
> >has shown that it is
[snip]
> >The administration task can be separated in 2 different tasks:
[snip]

Isn't this essentially the split between postmaster/workers and a client?
i.e. I don't know how much value is added by introducing another
communication protocol when JDBC would work fine. From my understanding of
the users API you can handle pretty much everything other than pg_dump. Eg
CREATE USER, CREATE DATABASE etc can all be issued from a client using
standard PostgreSQL SQL.

I'd have to cast my vote on the Java frontend.

Cheers,

Mark Pritchard