Re: list non alphanumeric - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Baboo, Isa
Subject Re: list non alphanumeric
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

It still displaying everything, maybe it is the spaces?

test
sadadds
Hillary
BEN NAME
BOB
/+
...skipping
 ALAN MCGARVEY +

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Lawrence Barwick [mailto:barwick@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 April 2013 09:08 AM
To: Baboo, Isa
Cc: John R Pierce; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] list non alphanumeric

2013/4/12 Baboo, Isa <IBaboo@fnb.co.za>:

> Hi
>
> Thanks for the response but I tried that and it does not work here is
> an example of names which still display.
>
> test
> sadadds
> Hillary
> BEN NAME
> ALAN MCGARVEY +

Something like:

... WHERE first_name ~ '[^\w]'

might do the trick.

Regards

Ian Barwick

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.