Re: list non alphanumeric - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Baboo, Isa
Subject Re: list non alphanumeric
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi

Sorry guys I should have mention spaces, I did but it was a bit late. Anyway that [A-Za-z0-9 ]  worked  thanks John.

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of John R Pierce
Sent: 12 April 2013 09:12 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] list non alphanumeric

On 4/11/2013 11:50 PM, Baboo, Isa wrote:

Thanks for the response but I tried that and it does not work here is an example of names which still display.

test

sadadds

Hillary

BEN NAME

ALAN MCGARVEY +

well, at least one of those has a space inline, you didn't say that was acceptable, just a-z0-9
and of course, upper and lower case, so you probably should use [A-Za-z0-9 ]  (note the space before the close bracket)

--
john r pierce                                      37N 122W

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.