Re: psql /usr/lib/libgcc dependency in pg 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: psql /usr/lib/libgcc dependency in pg 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 26, 2008, at 8:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Whatever would make you think that readline has anything to do with
> that?

Just an uneducated guess because long ago not adding that flag
required additional library dependencies. I forgot to include that
when I compiled the first time and there was no error. I used to have
to tell it explicitly where to find the readline library.

>> I want to build a binary that will run on
>> 10.3 and I don't think it has /usr/lib/libgcc.
>
> I seem to recall there's some sort of compatibility stuff for building
> back-compatible binaries on the Xcode disk, but it's not installed
> by default.

OK, so it is really and XCode issue and nothing that changed with 8.3.

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.