Re: psql /usr/lib/libgcc dependency in pg 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql /usr/lib/libgcc dependency in pg 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com> writes:
> I notice that when I build 8.3.1 psql on OS X (10.5.2) there is now a
> library dependency on /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib even though I
> specified "--without-readline" in configure.

Whatever would make you think that readline has anything to do with
that?

> I want to build a binary that will run on
> 10.3 and I don't think it has /usr/lib/libgcc.

I seem to recall there's some sort of compatibility stuff for building
back-compatible binaries on the Xcode disk, but it's not installed
by default.

            regards, tom lane