RE: PL/pgSQL CURSOR support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject RE: PL/pgSQL CURSOR support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>From SQL99 (Note: the 'FOR' keyword seems standard...):
        14  Data manipulation

        14.1  <declare cursor>
        Function
        Define a cursor.
        Format
scrollability>] CURSOR               [ <cursor holdability> ]               [ <cursor returnability> ]
FOR<cursor specification>

        <cursor sensitivity> ::=               SENSITIVE             | INSENSITIVE             | ASENSITIVE
        <cursor scrollability> ::=               SCROLL             | NO SCROLL
        <cursor holdability> ::=               WITH HOLD             | WITHOUT HOLD
        <cursor returnability> ::=               WITH RETURN             | WITHOUT RETURN
clause>]

        <updatability clause> ::=             FOR { READ ONLY | UPDATE [ OF <column name list> ] }
        <order by clause> ::=             ORDER BY <sort specification list>
        <sort key> ::=             <value expression>
        <ordering specification> ::= ASC | DESC

Chris