Re: pg_upgrade: Make testing different transfer modes easier - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pg_upgrade: Make testing different transfer modes easier
Date
Re: pg_upgrade: Make testing different transfer modes easier  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On 14 Dec 2022, at 08:04, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> On 07.12.22 17:33, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I think if we want to make this configurable on the fly, and environment variable would be much easier, like
>>     my $mode = $ENV{PG_TEST_PG_UPGRADE_MODE} || '--copy';
>
> Here is an updated patch set that incorporates this idea.

I would prefer a small note about it in src/bin/pg_upgrade/TESTING to document
it outside of the code, but otherwise LGTM.

+        $mode,
         '--check'
     ],

-        '-p',         $oldnode->port,     '-P', $newnode->port
+        '-p',         $oldnode->port,     '-P', $newnode->port,
+        $mode,
     ],

Minor nitpick, but while in there should we take the opportunity to add a
trailing comma on the other two array declarations which now ends with --check?
It's good Perl practice and will make the code consistent.