Re: Allow batched insert during cross-partition updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Allow batched insert during cross-partition updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 8:01 PM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 5:00 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Updated patch attached.
>
> I will review the patch a bit more, but I think
> it would be committable.

One thing I noticed is this bit:

 -- Clean up
-DROP TABLE batch_table, batch_cp_upd_test, batch_table_p0,
batch_table_p1 CASCADE;
+DROP TABLE batch_table, batch_table_p0, batch_table_p1,
batch_cp_upd_test, cmdlog CASCADE;

This would be nitpicking, but this as-proposed will not remove remote
tables created for foreign-table partitions of the partitioned table
‘batch_cp_upd_test’.  So I modified this a bit further to remove them
as well.  Also, I split this into two, for readability.  Another thing
is a typo in a test-case comment: s/a single INSERTs/a single INSERT/.
I fixed it as well.  Other than that, the patch looks good to me.
Attached is an updated patch.  If there are no objections, I will
commit the patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment