Re: Compilation psqlODBC againist older PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Compilation psqlODBC againist older PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Hi Luf,

I could probably hack up some code to suck the value out of pg_config,
however there is no way I can think of to do the same thing on Windows.
Because we only require a standard Windows + VC++ enviroment, we don't
have any of the tools like awk that we'd need to get and manipulate the
pg_config output.

Given that a build against 8.1 or 8.0 will work with servers back to at
least 7.2 or so iirc, I really don't think it's worth the pain to try to
support the older libpqs. Anyone insistent that they cannot build
against the newer server, will likely have no problem using an
equivalent vintage of psqlodbc.

Regards, Dave.