Re: request for documentation correction on pgAgent-Installation - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: request for documentation correction on pgAgent-Installation
Date
List pgadmin-support

From: Harald Armin Massa [mailto:haraldarminmassa@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 November 2005 12:12
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] request for documentation correction on pgAgent-Installation

Dave,

C:\Programme\pgAdmin III\1.4>pgagent.exe INSTALL pgAgent -unasenbaer
ERROR: Der Kontenname ist unzulõssig oder nicht vorhanden, oder das Kennwort ist
 f³r den angegebenen Kontennamen ung³ltig.

C:\Programme\pgAdmin III\1.4>pgagent.exe INSTALL pgAgent -u nasenbaer
ERROR: Invalid command line argument

C:\Programme\pgAdmin III\1.4>

thats a cutout from my commandline.

"ERROR: Der Kontenname ist unzulõssig oder nicht vorhanden, oder das Kennwort ist
 f³r den angegebenen Kontennamen ung³ltig." is sth. like "wrong account name"

OK, I've committed a fix to tidy up the space/no space issue. It only occured if the space was included on the last argument supplied. Thanks for the info.

I am not able to supply a valid account name, esp. since I found no way to supply user@doman as a username ...

My workaround was to do install without user and password, and to change them in services.msc

I've had no problems using a domain user account with a command line like:

pgagent INSTALL pgAgent -u DOMAIN\user -p FooBar dbname=postgres user=postgres port=5433

user@domain syntax is not supported however, but that's down to the Microsoft API, not us.

Regards, Dave.