Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: prevent users from seeing pl/pgsql code in pgadmin
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

REVOKE ALL ON TABLE pg_proc FROM public;

Revoking select doesn't help because your test user doesn't have it in
the first place - public does.

pgadmin=# create user test;
CREATE USER
pgadmin=# create table foo(bar int4);
CREATE TABLE
pgadmin=# select relacl from pg_class where relname = 'foo';
 relacl
--------

(1 row)

pgadmin=# grant select on table foo to test;
GRANT
pgadmin=# select relacl from pg_class where relname = 'foo';
                   relacl
 {postgres=arwdRxt/postgres,test=r/postgres}
(1 row)

pgadmin=# revoke select on table foo from test;
REVOKE
pgadmin=# select relacl from pg_class where relname = 'foo';
           relacl
-----------------------------
 {postgres=arwdRxt/postgres}
(1 row)

pgadmin=# grant select on table foo to public;
GRANT
pgadmin=# select relacl from pg_class where relname = 'foo';
                 relacl
 {postgres=arwdRxt/postgres,=r/postgres}
(1 row)

pgadmin=# revoke select on table foo from test;
REVOKE
pgadmin=# select relacl from pg_class where relname = 'foo';
                 relacl
 {postgres=arwdRxt/postgres,=r/postgres}
(1 row)

Thinking about it - is that a bug or a feature?

Regards, Dave.