Re: Server discovery - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Server discovery
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Absolutely. I already did this for LastDatabase and LastSchema, which
instead of being stored as HKCU\Software\pgAdmin
III\Servers\LastSchemaNN as they are for manually added servers, are
stored as HKCU\Software\pgAdmin III\Servers\LastSchema-XXXX, where XXXX
is the short name of the installed service. That way, as long as the
user doesn't change the name of the service, the changed values will get
re-attached at the next startup.

I'm toying with adding the hostname into the mix as well, just to
prevent possible mixups wth roaming pofiles. Not sure how likely that
scenario is, but I guess it won't hurt.

Regards, Dave.