Re: Server discovery - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Server discovery
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

>>Second, the generated server info can't be edited. Well, currently this
>>isn't possible for manual entered servers either without registry
>>editing, but we should change that anyway: there's no reason why we
>>don't have a dlgServer.cpp except for "it's not done".
>

> Yup, was going to do that tonight. I was intending to add keys as I've done for lastdb and lastschema that can be
editted,at least using regedit initially. Such servers will retain their config, but remain 'auto-discovered' at each
startup.

That means additional/different keys?
If the services is rediscovered every time, how will you distinguish
them from the same server entered manually?

Autodiscovery on every startup might result in annoyingly popping up
servers you already changed manually to your needs. This seems undesirable.

Regards,
Andreas