Re: Problem with mirrorring - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Problem with mirrorring
Date
List pgsql-www

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hansen [mailto:john@geeknet.com.au]
Sent: Sun 10/3/2004 3:10 AM
To: Dave Page; Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject: RE: [pgsql-www] Problem with mirrorring

> Don't you mean quite efficient... ?

No, quite inefficient. We rebuild every file on the site regardless of whether something has changed, hence every time
rsyncruns it sees a modified file. What I had completely forgotten when I wrote that (and later noted when I
remembered)is that rsync only transfers a diff of each files, so things aren't really that bad.

Of course, how it does that is a mystery to me - without fully comparing both versions, how can it create a diff? I
guessthat's what made it PhD material...

/D