Re: Problem with mirrorring - Mailing list pgsql-www

From John Hansen
Subject Re: Problem with mirrorring
Date
List pgsql-www
Ahemm,...

> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-09/msg00149.php
> > and your reply:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-09/msg00152.php
> >
> > There was not an 'error' exactly...
>
> Ahh, yes. Of course, that's actually rsync working correctly!
> No changes on the server, so no transfers.
>
> This does mean that our mirroring is quite innefficient. We
> really should diff the results of each build and only update
> the html files if there is a change. At the moment each
> mirror is probably pulling the whole site each time :-(

Don't you mean quite efficient... ?

I assume the email devrim receives is a list of files changed.
Rsync will do a diff on the files and copy the changes across.
If however the only difference is the timestamp, then the file
will still be listed in said email, since it's timestamp was updated.

I hope this weeds out any confusion.

... John