Re: Connection bug (was: Re: pgAdmin beta fixes) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Connection bug (was: Re: pgAdmin beta fixes)
Date
List pgadmin-support

OK, I should warn you that connecting like this is completely untested
and not something we've ever said we'll support. But I'll do what I
can... :-)

> Connect again. Password is being remembered, login is auto.
> Disconnect
> again.
> Uncheck "Store password". Connect again. Do not supply password.
>
>     An error has occurred:
>  fe_sendauth: no password supplied
>
> This message comes 3 times. (Maybe because there are 3
> databases visible?)
> Focus is on the first database. (->screenshot
> "before_crash.png") When I
> hit <F5> now, pgAdmin crashes.
>
> Note: If you just try to connect without password without
> these steps,
> pgAdmin does not crash, you are not connected at all. And the error
> message was slightly different (!!):
>
>     An error has occurred:
> Error connecting to the server: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

I've made a couple of changes to fix the password related issues that
George reported. I have a hunch that the second fix might resolve your
problem. I'll mail across an update in a minute for testing if you
wouldn't mind.

Regards, Dave.