Re: v6 beta 2 still crashes at times whenviewing table results directly - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: v6 beta 2 still crashes at times whenviewing table results directly
Date
List pgadmin-support

Hi Mike,

I've found a couple of issues that might be causing this...

The first was that the edit grid was allowing the refresh button to be
pressed at will, which meant it was possible to start a second refresh
whilst the first query thread was still running. I could reproduce this
by simply banging F5 a few times without waiting for the previous data
load to end. I've fixed this by locking out all methods of refreshing
until the previous call (which may be the initial data load) has
completed.

The second issue would have affected the Query Tool as well, so may be
what Harald was seeing. Essentially, the pgQueryThread class was calling
logging functions in it's query thread which does not appear to be safe.
I've moved all logging so it's in the main app thread and could no
longer reproduce this issue (though I couldn't exactly reproduce it at
will previously, so that isn't proof I've actually fixed it).

These changes will be in the upcoming beta 3.

Regards, Dave.