Re: Paste rows rough patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Paste rows rough patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Certainly explains it, but I'm sure it will confuse the heck out of some
users.

In testing on Windows, I see that a cell can be active (ie. Have a thick
border), or have focus (ie. The cursor is flashing in it). It seems to
me that we should only paste directly into the cell in the latter case -
in the former, or any other case, the paste goes to the '*' row. Is that
doable? Does it sound sensible to you?

> >- Multi-row pasting doesn't work, but I guess you know that!
> >

> I wasn't planning on handling that case. I didn't even want
> to think about how to handle the data validation issues on
> that case. It would only really be useful on tables with no
> primary key or a (when I'm
> finished) a serial primary key. I've gotten the feeling that
> pasting multiple rows is going to be a big ordeal to
> implement, and therefore wasn't planning on doing it.

OK, np.

Cheers, Dave.