Re: Paste rows rough patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Edward Di Geronimo Jr.
Subject Re: Paste rows rough patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

>Hmm, I'm seeing some odd behaviour...
>
>- A copy/paste of a single row seems to work in most cases, but:
>
>  - Sometimes, nothing got pasted into the new row
>  - Sometimes, the entire row got pasted into the end of an existing
>cell (which had been selected, prior to selecting the '*' row.

The code does the pasting based on the grid cursor position, which wx
tracks seperately from the highlighted selection. If you have the cursor
in say row 10, then click the * to highlight the * row, the cursor stays
in row 10. If you then hit paste, the data will go into row 10. Does
that help explain things?

>- Multi-row pasting doesn't work, but I guess you know that!

I wasn't planning on handling that case. I didn't even want to think
about how to handle the data validation issues on that case. It would
only really be useful on tables with no primary key or a (when I'm
finished) a serial primary key. I've gotten the feeling that pasting
multiple rows is going to be a big ordeal to implement, and therefore
wasn't planning on doing it.

Ed