Re: adminpack For pgAdmin3 Install Woes - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: adminpack For pgAdmin3 Install Woes
Date
List pgadmin-support
[Please use the mailing lists for future support issues!]

That depends on how PostgreSQL was installed on the server. If it was
from source, then simply unpack the admin module in the contrib/
directory of your PostgreSQL source tree, cd into it and then run
make;make install. The configuration will all be picked up from the
source tree.

If you've used ports or a pre-built package then it might be a bit
trickier. With ports you could use the technique above, but use the
source tree that ports created. With a pre-built package you would need
to re-create the same source tree as it was built from by unpacking the
PostgreSQL code and configuring it in the same way that the package
builder did. You can then build the admin81 module in the same way as
previously mentioned.

Regards, Dave.