Re: Pgadmin III not honoring DATESTYLE - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Pgadmin III not honoring DATESTYLE
Date
List pgadmin-support

I wasn't suggesting we do that, though I'll grant you I could have
phrased it a whole lot better. pgAdmin will always use ISO internally,
but it could - as a non-default option - display dates in the format
specified by the datestyle in the edit grid etc.

> However, it would be possible (actually: still planned) to have the
> _display_ dependent on locale settings, including usage of a
> date entry
> control.

Locale is definitely far more acceptable than datestyle - that would at
least be consistent across all connected servers and databases which is
my main concern.

Magnus raised an interesting point on IM - it would be useful to honour
datestyle in the query tool so that data can be exported in the desired
format more easily.

Regards, Dave.