Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers" list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers" list
Date
List pgsql-www

Done - will appear next time the indexes regenerate.

> But I'd like to suggest also that slavish adherence to alphabetical
> order in the list menus might not be the best thing.
> Certainly I'd find
> that it usually saves me a click if clicking on "Developers lists"
> brought up -hackers as the default selection.  Similarly, in the "User
> lists" pgsql-admin doesn't seem like the greatest default
> (hmm, it seems
> like that list's signal-to-noise ratio has dropped lately too...).
> Could we point that one at -general perhaps?

I've changed the default list for Users to -general, Developers to
-hackers and Projects to pgadmin-support. In the longterm I think
Peter's suggestion of having an intro page for each section is probably
best, but that will require code changes that I don't have time for
right now.

Regards, Dave.