Re: Website - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Website
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

From: Bastiaan Wakkie [mailto:bastiaan@wakkie.org]
Sent: 13 January 2006 13:02
To: Dave Page
Cc: PgAdmin Hackers
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Website

Hi dave,

Some replies...

Cheers,
    Bastiaan

If you enter the website yu dont seeanywhere the latest stable version I would say next to the logo would be the best place.

OK. I'm not sure that the logo is the best place, but I agree with adding some text. I'll certainly add something to the front page.

I think that it would be best that youkeep it there all the time (perhaps even with a link behind to directly download it)

I've added a bar at the bottom of the page with a link to the download page. A direct link won't really work as there are so many different builds etc.

I would set the google search om your own website first.

That's not allowed by the Google T&Cs unfortunately... though, I wonder if I can do it with a little Javascript (you're not allowed to modify the Google generated code at all, but it might not disallow Javascript tweaking of form values).
That will be a very easy thing to do ;-)

I found the workaround in the Google code generator. Done and applied :-)

Design technical I would remove the pgasectionheadermenu and insted change the background colour in the pgamainmenu.. That will give you 1) more space and 2) it will not give you on every page the same text under each other and 3) the Navigation structure is much more clearer.

Hmm, not sure I like that idea - I think the top menu should always be the main menu and shouldn't change.
I agree ith you. The menu items will not change only the background colour so that you know in what part you are. Just change the bg from the selected menu item into light blue.

In addition, some sub menus won't fit across the width without wrapping - in particular the Download one.
I understand but i am only talking about the header itself.. not the sub menu as a whole.

Ahh, I see what you mean now. How does it look now?

Regards, Dave.