Re: Query tool: Autocompletion - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Query tool: Autocompletion
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Nice, it works quite well. Some thoughts:

- My main concern is that I do use tab, which this prevents - as per
your comment in the source I think we need an option to turn the feature
off for those that don't want it.

- A space should be added after an item has been inserted form the
auto-complete list, per psql.

- Schema-prefixed table names can't have columns in the WHERE clause
auto-completed. Actually on further investigation this seems to apply to
psql as well.

- SELECT * FROM foo WHERE bar = 'FOO' AND <tab> doesn't work. Also as
per psql?

I'd like Andreas to look at this before applying - particularly the
encoding bits which are still largely a mystery to me as well.

Regards, Dave.