Re: 7.3.3 behaving differently on OS X 10.2.6 and FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Olbersen
Subject Re: 7.3.3 behaving differently on OS X 10.2.6 and FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE
Date
Re: 7.3.3 behaving differently on OS X 10.2.6 and FreeBSD  (DeJuan Jackson <djackson@speedfc.com>)
Re: 7.3.3 behaving differently on OS X 10.2.6 and FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE  (culley harrelson <culley@fastmail.fm>)
List pgsql-general
Culley,

> But on my production machine postgresql complained about the order by
> clause-- it wanted the table alias to be on last_name.

I believe this is because you used "u.last_name" earlier in the statement, and the ORDER BY clause doesn't know that's
whatyou mean.

That's a guess that doesn't really explain why it'd work under one OS and not under another. Are the two versions of
Postgresconfigured the same?

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
St. Bernard Software