Re: transaction blocking inserts in postgresql 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Olbersen
Subject Re: transaction blocking inserts in postgresql 7.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris,

Perhaps it'd be faster for the users to upload their data to a dynamically created temporary table (keeping the main
tableavailable). The web application should choose/create one. Once that upload is done, copy to the main table.

I think this would be faster since the copy is within the database. Any ideas?

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
11415 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, CA 92127