Re: transaction blocking inserts in postgresql 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: transaction blocking inserts in postgresql 7.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the input. I can see that you are going to have to have your web
script split up the data.

How about a buffer table that a chron job, every minute or so, pumps a number of
records out of equal to 5% of what's in the buffer or some maximum value
determined by experiment?

It loads the CSV stuff lickety quick, doesn't lock up your other tasks, (for
more than 5 seconds if it were my design).