Problems with \copy - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Klaudia Walter
Subject Problems with \copy
Date
List pgsql-novice
Dear all,

I am having problems loading files with \copy. It seems that there are
problems with the newline character. I am working on Mac OS X 10.1.2.
and I am trying to load a file into postgresql that has been saved as a
tab delimited text file using excel. I tried already reading the file
via a Java program and writing it into a new file in order to be able to
write \n, \r and System.getProperty("line.separator") at the end of each
line. However, the error message is still

CopyReadNewline: extra fields ignored

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Klaudia