Re: Anyone has nls activated on Mac OS X? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francois Suter
Subject Re: Anyone has nls activated on Mac OS X?
Date
Re: Anyone has nls activated on Mac OS X?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Feb 4, 2004, at 16:52, Tom Lane wrote:

> Mmm.  The darwin linker is strict about requiring the link command for
> shared library to include all the other shlibs it references.  During
> the 7.4 beta cycle I made sure everything built in the standard
> configuration, but I did *not* test with --enable-nls, so naturally
> it's
> broken.  The link for libecpg, at least, needs to refer to the gettext
> library when building with nls.  Could you run through the make with -k
> and see what else might be missing the reference?

I ran the make again with -k, but it didn't seem to go any further.
Here is the end of the output, where the error occurs:

make -C ecpglib all
gcc -no-cpp-precomp -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations  -bundle execute.o typename.o descriptor.o
data.o error.o prepare.o memory.o connect.o misc.o
-L../../../../src/port -L/sw/lib -L../pgtypeslib -lpgtypes
-L../../../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq -lm   -o libecpg.so.4.1
ld: Undefined symbols:
_bindtextdomain
_dgettext
make[4]: *** [libecpg.so.4.1] Error 1
make[4]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Would you have liked to see the whole output?

Also I am not very familiar with make. It seems like it caches the
results of previous makes, because most things are not "re-made". I
have checked the man page, but couldn't find an option to tell make to
really start from the ground up again. Is there any way of doing this
or is it meaningless anyway?

Thanks.

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco