Re: Anyone has nls activated on Mac OS X? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Anyone has nls activated on Mac OS X?
Date
Re: Anyone has nls activated on Mac OS X?  (Francois Suter <dba@paragraf.ch>)
List pgsql-general
Francois Suter <dba@paragraf.ch> writes:
> gcc -no-cpp-precomp -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations  -bundle execute.o typename.o descriptor.o
> data.o error.o prepare.o memory.o connect.o misc.o
> -L../../../../src/port -L/sw/lib -L../pgtypeslib -lpgtypes
> -L../../../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq -lm   -o libecpg.so.4.1
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _bindtextdomain
> _dgettext
> gnumake[4]: *** [libecpg.so.4.1] Error 1

> It seems to be connected to gettext. Any ideas?

Mmm.  The darwin linker is strict about requiring the link command for a
shared library to include all the other shlibs it references.  During
the 7.4 beta cycle I made sure everything built in the standard
configuration, but I did *not* test with --enable-nls, so naturally it's
broken.  The link for libecpg, at least, needs to refer to the gettext
library when building with nls.  Could you run through the make with -k
and see what else might be missing the reference?

            regards, tom lane