Psql wants to use IP6 when connecting to self using tcp... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Levan
Subject Psql wants to use IP6 when connecting to self using tcp...
Date
Re: Psql wants to use IP6 when connecting to self using tcp...  (Stephan Knauss <pgsql@stephans-server.de>)
Re: Psql wants to use IP6 when connecting to self using tcp...  ("Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at>)
List pgsql-general
Today I upgraded my Fedora system to Fedora 35 which included an upgrade to
PostgreSQL 13.x.x.
I did an initdb and restored my existing db from a dump.

I modified pg_hba.conf to allow access machines on my local network
host    all             all             192.168.1.0/24          trust
I modified postgresql.conf to listen to all interfaces.

 Localhost works...
[jerry@bigbox ~]$ psql
psql (13.3)
Type "help" for help.

levan=# \q
The below fails... the 'fe80....' is the ip6 address of big box.
[jerry@bigbox ~]$ psql -h bigbox
psql: error: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "fe80::fe3f:dbff:fed1:f62e%enp7s0", user "lxxx", database "lxxx",
SSLoff

Using the ip4 address of bigbox works
[jerry@bigbox ~]$ psql -h 192.168.1.75
psql (13.3)
Type "help" for help.

lxxx=#

I can connect to/from the other machines in my local network...
Netstat shows that Postgres is listening on a ip6 interface.

What  did I have to do get the 'fatal' above case to work?

Trapped in Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field