pgsql: Disable -Wdeprecated-non-prototype in the back branches. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Disable -Wdeprecated-non-prototype in the back branches.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Disable -Wdeprecated-non-prototype in the back branches.

There doesn't seem to be any good ABI-preserving way to silence
clang 15's -Wdeprecated-non-prototype warnings about our tree-walk
APIs.  While we've fixed it properly in HEAD, the only way to not
see hundreds of these in the back branches is to disable the
warnings.  We're not going to do anything about them, so we might
as well disable them.

I noticed that we also get some of these warnings about fmgr.c's
support for V0 function call convention, in branches before v10
where we removed that.  That's another area we aren't going to
change, so turning off the warning seems fine for that too.

Per project policy, this is a candidate for back-patching into
out-of-support branches: it suppresses annoying compiler warnings
but changes no behavior.  Hence, back-patch all the way to 9.2.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CA+hUKGKpHPDTv67Y+s6yiC8KH5OXeDg6a-twWo_xznKTcG0kSA@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL9_6_STABLE