Re: pgsql: Fix createdb tests for C locale - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix createdb tests for C locale
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 2022-09-19 Mo 15:46, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 17.09.22 16:44, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
>>> This seems to have broken 15 on apt.pg.o/Debian:
>>
>> Fails on RHEL8 too, if LANG=C.
>> OK if LANG=C.utf8.
>>
>> (The lack of buildfarm complaints is distressing.  Apparently
>> our coverage of ICU is very thin.)
>
> This issue is with a combination of ICU and environment locale "C".
> There is ICU coverage in the build farm, but apparently none with C
> locale set.

Yep, it's been like that for 5 years, ever since we added support for
the ICU collation test. See
<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/blob/main/PGBuild/Modules/TestICU.pm>
line 59:

    return unless $locale =~ /utf8/i;

We can change that of course, I'm open to suggestions.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan