pgsql: Don't enable fsync in src/test/recovery/t/008_fsm_truncation.pl. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Don't enable fsync in src/test/recovery/t/008_fsm_truncation.pl.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Don't enable fsync in src/test/recovery/t/008_fsm_truncation.pl.

In adverse circumstances, the fsync calls cause this test to run for
quite a long time (multiple minutes) and even suffer timeout failures.
This seems to date from before we made an effort to disable fsync in
all our test cases; there's not a lot of point in using it if there's
not a plan to force an O/S crash during the test.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/440239.1642560607@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a7f4171071bbcdec79e8afa4cad1bc6951b098cc

Modified Files
src/test/recovery/t/008_fsm_truncation.pl | 1 -
1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)